Jackson, Michigan

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Review of Sunday's Concert

“When I taught German, I wanted my students to know something about German culture, too. So we had a unit on German art. They practiced adjective endings while describing paintings of German artists. For some reason, music seemed to be harder to include in regular class work. Finally I settled on having them write impromptu themes to music by the famous German composers. The only problem was that they only wanted to write to Bach – no Beethoven, Mozart, or any other German composers. All I can add to Sunday afternoon’s concert is that there would have been 20 years of delighted third and fourth year German students, as well as their teacher. It was a wonderful concert!”

Val Bullen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment! Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately.